At Oxford, you can get refining services that are otherwise, only available in the “lower 48”. We don’t only offer services for silver and gold buyers, but platinum buyers in Alaska as well.
Our services offer you the convenience of working with a team that has called Alaska home for many generations. With offices located in Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Nome we provide you with convenient access to precious metals refining services
We Believe in Maximum Yield:
Oxford believes Alaskan Miners deserve the maximum yield from placer gold and silver. We know you’ve worked hard, and so will we.
We Offer Maximum Flexibility:
We also believe miners have varying needs and schedules. Oxford offers unmatched flexibility in meeting your needs, personally, promptly and professionally.
We Provide Maximum Benefits:
We offer services that provide gold buyers with maximum benefits. These benefits include buying gold, selling, trading and placing in inventory at your convenience. Everything can be settlement based on the day of receipt of the metal. For all of our services, including refining gold, we provide immediate payment of your choice, upon request. We offer trade placer services for negotiable gold and/or silver. Not to mention, Oxford is always happy to help you sell your gold, silver, coins or other precious metals on the market of your choosing.
How to refine:
- Walk into one of our locations and drop off your lot for refining.
- Contact us for pre-addressed shipping boxes and other supplies. Ship your lot to our Anchorage facility along with a Refining Intake Form. USPS registered mail is the most secure way to ship to us.
- The cost of shipping will be fully refunded as a credit to your account when lot is received.
- Preliminary payment is available when metal is received with final payment to be determined after fire assay.
Materials we accept for refining:
- Clean placer gold
- Gold doré bars
- Karat gold
- Scrap Jewelry
- Dental gold
- Bench sweeps
- Sterling Silver
- Lock in the price at the time of delivery (if market is available)
- 2nd London fix price the day after lot is received for processing
- Credit the metal weight to your pool account for pricing in the future. (No additional cost for this option)
- Receive a check by mail
- ACH Funds transfer directly to your bank account
- Funds wire transferred directly to your bank account
- In-kind trade for any of our bullion products
- Fire Assay (cupellation) – We typically settle all lots using a Fire assay. This is the most accurate way to determine the purity of your metal.
- X-ray fluorescence (XRF) – This is an option we can use to facilitate a quicker settlement for you. However this is not as accurate and your return will most likely be better using the fire assay.
More Than Just a Refiner:
Oxford is more than just a refiner. We are a full service bullion dealer and also provide our clients with trading services for gold and/or silver coins, bars and more.
As a full service refiner of all precious metals, we specialize in buying and refining gold and silver mined materials. Our services are offered to top industry businesses as well as to individuals looking to buy, sell or trade. Our belief in 100% satisfied customer service is what keeps our customers coming back and choosing Oxford.
Precious Metals Refining Services Company Alaska
Oxford offers precious metals refining services to the general public as well as but not limited to recreational & established placer miners and pawnbrokers. With walk-in service available at our three Alaskan locations we are here to go the extra mile when you need it most.
If you have questions about any of our precious metal refining services or want to know more about how to buy or sell your precious metals, give us a call at (800) 693-6740. One of our gold refining experts will be happy to help you.