Precious Metals Refining Services for Alaskan Miners
At Oxford, you get precious metals refining services that are otherwise only available in the “lower 48”. Our services offer you the convenience of working with a team that has called Alaska home for many generations and are known as the local expert gold and silver refinery.
Our precious metals refining services are focused both established and also recreational placer miners, pawnbrokers, and the general public.
We believe in – Maximum Yield
Oxford believes Alaskan Miners deserve the maximum yield from placer gold and silver. We know you’ve worked hard, and so will we.
We offer – Maximum Flexibility
We also believe miners have varying needs and schedules. Oxford offers unmatched flexibility in meeting your needs, personally, promptly and professionally.
We provide – Maximum Benefits
We offer precious metal refinery services that provide gold buyers with maximum benefits. These benefits include buying gold, selling, trading, and placing in inventory at your convenience. Everything can be settlement based on the day of receipt of the metal. For all of our services, including refining gold, we provide immediate payment of your choice, upon request. We offer trade placer services for negotiable gold and/or silver. Not to mention, Oxford is always happy to help you sell your gold, silver, coins, platinum, or other precious metals on the market of your choosing.
How to Refine with Us
- Walk into one of our locations and drop off your lot for refining.
… or …
- Contact us for pre-addressed shipping boxes and other supplies. Ship your lot to our Anchorage facility along with a Refining Intake Form. USPS registered mail is the most secure way to ship to us.
- The cost of shipping will be fully refunded as a credit to your account when lot is received.
- Preliminary payment is available when metal is received with final payment to be determined after fire assay.
Materials we accept for refining:
- Lock in the price at the time of delivery (if market is available)
- 2nd London fix price the day after lot is received for processing
- Credit the metal weight to your pool account for pricing in the future. (No additional cost for this option)
- Receive a check by mail
- Receive ACH funds transfer directly to your bank account
- Receive Wire transferred funds directly to your bank account
- Receive in-kind trade for any of our bullion products
- Fire Assay (cupellation) – We typically settle all lots using a Fire assay. This is the most accurate way to determine the purity of your metal.
- X-ray fluorescence (XRF) – This is an option we can use to facilitate a quicker settlement for you. However this is not as accurate and your return will most likely be better using the fire assay.
If you have questions about any of our precious metal refining services or want to know more about how to buy or sell your precious metals, give us a call at 1 (800) 693-6740. One of our gold and silver refining experts will be happy to help you.